This is something I have not been talking about on my blog very much because it’s been so detrimental to my mental health for such a long time that I am only now ready to speak up.
My private and confidential medical records were released without my consent which lead to my short term disability appeal being denied due to ‘issues by bisexuality’. I am now in debt to Canada Post for the amount of $8990.
I have included a more detailed explanation of what happened in the read more link below.
I am in the process of hiring a lawyer to help me combat the ableist, homophobic, and irresponsible mistreatment of myself and my case. I can not do this without your help.
If you want to donate but don’t have a credit card, you can donate to my paypal in the sidebar on my blog and I will add your name and donation amount to the GoFundMe page as an offline donation.
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, or reblogged this post. I am so, so, so thankful.
This is literally such bullshit…
1. You left out this little tidbit on ur blog, but on the gofundme page you say that the lawyer’s consultation fee is ONLY $211 dollars while the retainer fee “MIGHT BE” in the thousands. For those who don’t know, a retainer fee is the amount of money you pay to keep the lawyer working on your case IF he or she decides it’s a worthwhile and can be won. How is a retainer fee even in the question when they haven’t even accepted your case? You don’t need $2000 for a consultation. If they don’t think it’s worth their time, you would have received $1788.13 for sitting on your chunky dunk ass… dont even think about changing anything in your read more because i have it all screencapped and so do many others.
Heres the Gofundme screencap:
"the retainer fee is EXPECTED to be in the thousands”
2. “Little did I know, the doctor who gave the insurance company my medical record (about prescriptions and continued support for medical leave) had also given them my confidential mental health worker’s notes.
Every patient is Canada is entitled to sign a PIPEDA document before seeing a physician. This document is basically the Canadian version of HIPAA and it covers the doctors ass from being sued. The insurance needed that info and are allowed to use the notes from your psychiatrist to validate your mental health claim. You gave them permission. It was not out of their jurisdiction.
3. You say your boss randomly called the police on you for no reason to see if you were “healthy”. In order to make a short-term disability claim, you need to first inform your boss about your illness/claim i.e. mental health issues/previous suicidal thoughts. Why wouldn’t she call the police after you were telling her these crazy things? It wasn’t random chance that she did that. Your boss had reason to believe you were in danger. She also needed to cover her ass. If she didn’t do anything after you disclosed that information to her SHE could be sued if you killed yourself. Your mother was contacted because she was on your emergency contact list, once again that was not a violation of privacy since you signed the document. How else would she have gotten her number?
In addition, you know police don’t break down doors unless there is no answer. You didn’t answer your mother or the police so your door was broken down. This makes perfect sense since they had reason to believe you were in danger.
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING AND THE BASIS OF YOUR UNWARRANTED DONATIONS
4. You say that your appeal was denied “due to the fact that [you] [were] not straight” giving reference to how the report wrongly states that you have “issues by bisexuality" even though you included that (your struggling with your sexual identity/bisexuality) in your appeal
“A month later I received a letter in the mail saying my appeal had been denied on the basis that there was not sufficient medical records to show I was experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety, and struggling with my sexual identity.”
YOU INCLUDED “STRUGGLING WITH [YOUR] SEXUAL IDENTITY” IN YOUR APPEAL THAT YOU MADE YOURSELF AND THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE RIGHTFULLY REFERRING TO. YOU STATED THAT YOUR BISEXUALITY AND COMING TO TERMS WITH IT WAS CAUSING YOUR ISSUES! NOT THE PERSON WRITING THE REPORT! THEY ARE NOT BEING HOMOPHOBIC IN ANY DEGREE! YOU ARE BLAMING SOMEBODY FOR REPEATING VERBATUM WHAT YOU TOLD THEM REGARDING YOUR “PROBLEMS”. YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR OWN WORDS IN SOME ELSES MOUTH.
You say that “the report includes no less than 7 completely irrelevant references to my sexuality and frames them as an excuse to invalidate the very real and dangerous mental health issues I have struggled with for the past year. Keep in mind that all of this information was collected illegally without my consent.”
It was completely legal.
They don’t need your “consent” when you yourself wrote YOUR OWN APPEAL to provide evidence for your short-term disability case. Maybe somebody should sue you for defamation.
this gofundme scheme isn’t based on your “struggles”, youre just playing oppressed for being a bisexual white male in Canada and are willing to reach to the stars to slander people for money.
im sorry to the people that have donated to this bullshit cause but maybe if you complain to the employees at gofundme, you can get your donations refunded.
Oh, and while we’re talking about sex-repulsed people:
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed because you have experienced sexual abuse or trauma in your past.
- It’s okay if you’re sex-repulsed because sex feels painful, uncomfortable or frightening to you.
- It’s okay if you’re…
Shoutouts to all the bisexual people whose parents are secretly hoping they’ll settle down in a heterosexual relationship and get married and have biological children.
shoutout to the pan people who have no idea how to even come out to their parents
Shoutout to all the asexual people with parents that think they’re just not ready for sex yet.
i literally hate when people always try to dismiss race and act like it “isn’t a problem anymore”
i’m mixed. my dad is a 6’3 black male, my mom is white w/ blonde hair and blue eyes.
you and your family have never been randomly pulled over by cops on several occasions just so they could ask your mom if she’s “okay”
there’s still a fucking problem
interracial relationships dont end racism, point blank.
omg, press play. wait for the beat to drop.
this is just lovely
This was a pleasant surprise.
the sweetest and saddest ambient beat remix of anything ever
So my school is fighting back against this principal
August 14- Principal Rich Thomas, in a senior class meeting about new rules and policies, when explaining the new phone policy, said “I don’t care if your Aunt is laying on her deathbed, you aren’t getting your cell phone back if we take it.”
Made a male student change out of his tank top in front of the school in front of him and at least 50 students into a shirt that followed the new dress code.
August 15-on- Constantly scans hallways, walkie talkie in hand, searching for students to either A. Give tardies to or B. Send to the In-School-Suspension room (ISS).
August 19- Pulled approximately 50+ female students from classrooms to be sent home over wearing gym/running shorts, made the girls who weren’t old enough to drive, and who’s parents couldn’t bring them clothes sit in ISS the rest of the day, even though this was many of their first EVER offenses.
August 20- Sent Mariah Adams home for wearing the outfit included in the picture attached.
Side notes: Was fired from Scott County High School for discrimination of the LGBTQ community members of the school.
Is forcing all students to wear lanyards with IDs to get into school.
Gives ISS after 4 total tardies in one semester, giving us 0.007% success rate in not going to ISS. With a total of 150 tardies within the first three days of school because of new, non-relenting policy.
Has expanded ISS room from capacity of 15 to capacity of 40 students with knowledge of the fact that he would be sending multiple student there for menial reasons every day.
And he also was fired before from another local school. LGBTQ Nation sent him a letter and sued the school: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/assets/2013/02/021413_Scott-County-Prom-Letter.pdf
The local news network has gotten word if the large amounts of chaos in the school and the nauseating dictatorship he’s made of our school.
We’re located in Perryville, MO. Literally and hour and half away from Ferguson.
Signal boost this, it’s important